02 July 2007

TMI and a little TLC

I've been fortunate to go on some extended holidays of 2+ months in my relatively short life.

Oddly, everytime it seems I get really sick around the 5th week. Of course, this trip is no different. In the middle of the Lucca time, right after climbing over 400 stairs to see a garden at the top of a tower, then riding 7 miles on a bike on the beautifully paved walls, I got sick. Really sick.

My temp was 39 celcius, which translates to about 102 F. I was hot. I had stomach problems. I think it probably had something to do with the extreme heat we had been experiencing, and the not sleeping so well because of it.

We ended up staying in Lucca an extra night - when Kimberly went to ask the hotel people if they could accomodate us, they got very worried and wanted to call a doctor. So cute.

Kimberly also went to the pharmacy all by herself and bought a thermometer and some medicine for the high temp. I wish I had been there to see those interactions. But she really came through.

I struggled with the sick off and on through our 3 night in Bologna, and am feeling pretty well now that we are in Milan.

It's been really hot here. Even when it's not too hot, I sweat alot. More so than at home. And I drink a lot of water, but maybe not enough. I know I don't drink this much water at home, but I also don't walk this much at home.

We'd like to do some hiking in the Alps and the Dolomites, so hopefully the sick is gone. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever it was, glad it is passed and done with. REJOICE !!! IT IS TIME TO NOW CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY!

HAVE A VERY MEMORABLE AND HAPPY ONE,AS WE CELEBRATE IT HERE FOR YOU AS WELL - FIREWORKS AND ALL!!!

LOVE MAMMA