24 May 2007

My first morning in Italy

Ah Italy. We arrived last night, were chauffered by Zio Mimmo and Peter's Dad, and welcomed into a bustling house for dinner with Zia Nina and Zia Rita and her family. What a feast! I certainly won't starve in Italy, although I might gain 50 pounds. That could be a problem. Luckily, the towns are set in beautiful countryside, so walking will be a pleasure.


Peter and I woke up this morning to the church bells. The bells ring for each hour and for each quarter hour. This means lots of bells. It's beautiful now, but can you imagine the noise complaints if they tried this in the cities at home?


And, to top it all off, this is the view outside our bedroom window.


It's not so bad.... I can probably get used to this for a while....
Do you think the Middle has views like this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a view! Not how I remember Pratola...progress is what progress is....

and for the bells....just breathe them in...ah! the flavor of small town Italia.....


adn

Emily said...

No, no views quite like that beautiful one...but it does have views like this:

http://flickr.com/photos/mcvey/219731870/

Sounds(and looks) like you are getting settled in. What a wonderful way to wake up!

kari said...

It does too have views like that!

When you climb to the top of the water tower.