We have arrived in Pratola Serra, the hometown of my father's family. After a quick drive down the autostrada from Rome, we ate our bodies weight in food last night for dinner.
A few very Italian things that have happened so far:
We saw this on the plane as we were leaving Boston:
Italian Air Traffic Controllers Strike
Someone in Portland was joking that all three times he has come to Italy, some part of the travel sector is on strike. Luckily, this didn't affect us, as it was only for a few hours on Tuesday.
Then we saw:
Garbage a burning issue for Naples
Apparently in Naples, the trash dumps are full. So they are piling the trash on the streets and burning it. I can't wait to go see it.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
24 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait to hear what you experience next!
adn
Post a Comment