Happy Birthday today Dad.
You'd be pretty excited by all the changes around here. Your granddaughter Froglette has your smile and I think of you whenever we get her to break out into a big, gummy grin. There's still some chance that she has the Alice gene too - her eyes are awfully blue and her hair is coming in much lighter. We go for walks most afternoons when we get home from school and I tell her little stories about home. We saw a black and orange caterpillar a few weeks ago and I got to tell her the story of the caterpillars! I was laughing so hard remembering that story.
I'm also almost done with coursework for my PhD. I promised you I would - and although for a time I wasn't sure I could do it - I'm getting closer and closer. You'd still be a bit puzzled I imagine, but what I'm doing now would be so much easier to explain! And I think it would be clear how much I enjoy what I'm doing.
Froglette and I will be home for a bit in July to see everyone. Except you of course. I miss you all the time. We're all taking care of each other - I think you'd be proud of what me, Mom and Sis have managed. We're a strong trio. And now there are four women who share your name.
I love you.

2 comments:
Yes, he would be pleased with all of us and so proud to be a Grandpa.
His lilac is in full bloom today.
I too had him in my thoughts on what was his birthday... :-)
adn
Post a Comment