23 November 2009

Fingernails of Death


Apparently babies are born with fingernails. Long ones. And boy are little Soro/roso/froglette's fingernails long and sharp.


She hasn't started gouging herself with them yet, so we will wait before we trim them down too much. And apparently, it's real easy to cut the actual baby while trimming the baby's nails. Hopefully our hands aren't too shaky from a lack of sleep.


Also, the little one seems to really enjoy this whole swaddling thing - basically, we wrap her up like a burrito inside some blankets. Who would have ever guessed that working at a burrito shop during college would have paid off so handsomely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. It is really hard to focus at work knowing I get to hold her in just a few short days!

Oh, and I like froglette...

Sarah said...

Just be careful she doesn't scratch herself! They make little mittens they can wear until you can grind down those nails. Our doc encouraged us to nibble/bite them down rather than cutting them.

I clipped Zane's skin the first time I cut his fingernails, and I still feel badly for making him bleed. :(

She is gorgeous, by the way!

Kimberly said...

we bought some fancy baby fingernail clippers and kimberly cut them yesterday. she a champ, both of them.

-peter

Minneapolismama said...

I second the idea of chewing them, when necessary. Also, cutting the nails while baby "Soro" is sleeping is a good idea. Baby S scratched her eye awhile back, and it was all red and gross looking. Those nails are no fun!!

Brian K. Lynch said...

Thanks for sending your web address again--I'd lost track of "the middle". Great to see Dad and Mom at the beginning of the new journey with Sofia Rose (absolutely love the name)!