26 April 2009

Yummy things when you're pregnant
Well, or yummy things when I'm pregnant I guess. Things from this list are guaranteed to appeal to me - at least this week.

1. yogurt and fresh mango (they've been on super cheap discount here in town and I've been buying them by the bushel)
2. cereal (and I haven't had cold cereal on a regular basis for years)
3. Mexican food!
4. fresh grapefruit (until last week when my heartburn kicked in)
5. juice (any flavor, all of the time)
6. steamed milk (so much tastier than coffee)

Yucky things
1. coffee (ugh... I don't even want to smell it)
2. beer (not that I'm drinking it, but I again don't want to smell it)
3. cold milk (unless it's with the cereal above)
4. lunch meat (we get the best sundried tomato turkey here, and the thought of it - ugh)
5. mustard
6. hummus
7. cheese

Not that any of you care, I'm sure... but my dramatic appetite shifts have surprised me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you not wanting cheese? What's the world coming too?

Kimberly said...

It's tragic, I tell you. Tragic.

Kimberly said...

Plus, I'm eating fruit. What's with that?

harmony said...

Isn't it weird? I had the same strange shifts in what I wanted to eat. It goes away (or keeps changing, at least). I can eat things on your gross list now that I couldn't even THINK about in the first trimester.

I am still a huge fan of cold cereal! I haven't eaten cereal for years, either, except as a topping for granola, but a bowl of cereal and milk is the best snack ever right now. And I still can't get enough citrus. And pineapple.

Hope you start feeling better soon. Everyone will tell you this, but once you get past 12 weeks you will not believe how much better you feel.

Anonymous said...

What in the world are we going to eat when I am there if we can't eat hummus and cheese together. Crazy stuff.