09 December 2008

My First Architecture Final Review

In architecture studio, you spend a whole semester developing a project, researching, drawings, writing, building models, etc. Then at the end of the semester, you stand in front of a jury (usually professors, but sometimes professional architects) and defend/discuss your project.

My first review was yesterday.

Here I am discussing my project, which was a community garden/greenhouse/neighborhood center.


In front on me is the model I built, of the community center, greenhouses, and garden spaces. Here's a closer look.


And here I am pointing something out on my small scale model (I did two models, one of the whole sit, one of just the buildings). The review panel is sitting there in front of me.

Overall, I thought my review went fairly well. There were some things brought up by the reviewers which I should have thought of/done, but overall I am pretty happy. I need to take some better pictures of my semester's worth of work, so I'll eventually get around to posting that stuff.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

So, you all have probably heard me brag about my awesome husband (who won't boast about his own work hardly ever), and now you can finally see it! Aren't these models amazing? I got to visit the studio on Saturday and it was so cool to see the thought process and hear about the plans for completion. And now they are done!

Just another two weeks of stuff and you'll have finished your first semester of grad school! I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

we are so proud of you!
vam

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of time and skill has gone into those models. Are those solar panels on the roof?

Great Job!

kll

Anonymous said...

Those models look amazing. I am excited to hear more about the project. I just learned some cool Green Building stuff at a conference which made me think of you.

kal

Anonymous said...

You have done well! real proud of you.

How long did it take you to finish the models?

adn