I was going to put my sunflowers in the ground this morning. Then I saw that the temp was 45 degrees at noon and that there was a chance of a frost and snow overnight, so I didn't. It's almost May.
In light of this delay, I started thinking of all the plants we had in Portland, but which we gave away right before we left: the hot-pepper plant, the strawberry pot full of succulents, all the spider plants and mother-in-law tongues, the aloe, the fig trees, the jades, etc.
I was wondering how all these plants are doing. I know some of the people that read this have some of them, so I'm looking for updates. I know one of the fig trees was planted in the ground, but is it still alive? Maybe bearing fruit? Did the succulents grow and multiply as fast as they did 2 winters ago? Is the pepper plant still alive, providing wonderful little hot peppers?
So let me know in the comments if you know how our plants are doing. The memories will get me past the snow tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I've got a succulent, orchid and jade plant that are all doing well. The "palm tree" got attacked by the boys and eventually cut back and put outside. It's prognosis right now is guarded because it did get so very cold. It was covered but still don't know.
kll
I got the fig tree, and it is holding its own. We've had a cold spring (spring??) so it is only beginning to leaf now. No fruit yet, but I'm hopeful for this year. She still misses you....
I wish I did have one of your plants so I could report back to you on its progress and offer words of comforting familiarity.
adn
Spider plant: doing well, although sadly neglected for the past two weeks, rebounding nicely.
Spiky plant that I don't know the name of but is some sort of succulent: doing very well.
i think dave and i have 4 of your plants! spider plant is nicely draping our never-used tv in the bedroom; inside palm-type plant is wonderfully low-maintenance (okay they all are), and the cat isn't even eating it! we also have a little spiky plant, and the amazing pepper plant. the pepper produced over a very long season, and we got tons of peppers which we used in tomato sauces, salsas and more....yum! it's now dormant and in need of some warm, sunny weather outside. come back to visit them soon (and us, too)!
Post a Comment