But now, she can really brag: she's been published on the interwebs, where not just anyone can voice their opinion randomly and without consequence (ignore that you are reading this on a blog, where we can voice our opinion randomly and without consequence).
If you go to this website, which is apparently the travel section of the San Pellegrino water company, you will find Kimberly's photo journalist skills on display.
If you go to the first article on the front page, Slow tourism in the City: introducing urban trekking in Siena, and scroll through the pictures at the bottom, you will come upon this picture of me and Kimberly's mom or sister (I can't tell) walking through the streets of Siena (yes that's a street in Siena, not a sidewalk or alley; they don't allow cars in the city, which is kind of nice):
I haven't read the article, but at the bottom are the credits, and look, there's Kimberly (they even spelled her name right):21. Walking through Arches - Courtesy of Kimberly LeVelle - www.flickr.com/photos/33948778@N00/
Of course, the beauty of her subjects (and I don't mean the arches) is most likely the reason why San Pellegrino chose this photo.
I tried to get them to send us some cases of water in exchange for the use of the photo (I love that sparkling water, but it is awfully expensive, especially compared to the tap in our kitchen, which apparently is free), but in the end we decided we would just go for the glory.
This little excitement has also reminded me that I should really start recollecting out trip to Italy this past summer and upload a lot more of those photos, of which there are literally hundreds. Hopefully, I actually do it this time. If not, feel free to heckle me like I'm Karl Rove at the University of Iowa.
If those links above don't work, go to www.acquapanna.com, and search for Siena, where you'll find the article.
I tried to get them to send us some cases of water in exchange for the use of the photo (I love that sparkling water, but it is awfully expensive, especially compared to the tap in our kitchen, which apparently is free), but in the end we decided we would just go for the glory.
This little excitement has also reminded me that I should really start recollecting out trip to Italy this past summer and upload a lot more of those photos, of which there are literally hundreds. Hopefully, I actually do it this time. If not, feel free to heckle me like I'm Karl Rove at the University of Iowa.
If those links above don't work, go to www.acquapanna.com, and search for Siena, where you'll find the article.

2 comments:
It's Sissy next to PEter and mom is in front of PEter.
Very cool....
It's the orange shopping bag that did it!
adn
Post a Comment