13 February 2008

my eyes....

This week has been a killer. I've left by 9 every morning and don't get home until about 9 each evening. I'm actually on a 10 minute break from my Wednesday evening programming class right now. Yep, you read that right, I'm taking a programming class. Wouldn't Dad be thrilled! I have to confess that (a) I really wouldn't have signed up for this except for the fact that it's required, and (b) it's actually cooler than I thought it would be. It's odd because I'm kinda the third generation in the family to be working on computers. My Grandmama worked with the old punch cards (back in the olden days). Dad and Mom were both programmers for a while. It's been cool to talk "shop" with Mom a bit.

Alas, between this class, the numerous papers I'm writing and grading, and the two research projects I have going on, I'm spending 6-9 hours a day in front of the computer, 6-7 days a week. My eyes are not appreciating this activity (or lack thereof) very much. I may need to invest in saline company stock, the rate I'm going through it.

One of these days, I just know that they'll invent a screen that doesn't hurt so much. Until then, well, I guess I'm suffering for passion.

Back to class!

No comments: