17 December 2007

One down, seven to go...

Well, it's over. Done. Finito. Phew...

The semester is finally done. It's official. My grades are submitted (all 50 of them). The portfolios have been read, the finals reviewed, the math double-checked (thank you Excel). I've been done with my own work since Thursday, and so this means I'm actually DONE!

Want to know my dream plans for the break? My secret aspirations?

I ordered 5 books from Amazon and none of them are school related. Whoopie!! Thousands of pages of relaxation. Now if only they arrive soon.

Of course, I have two new preps next semester that I need to lesson plan for, and three crazy-hard classes of my own that I need to start studying for before classes begin (yes, we PhD students start studying BEFORE classes start, that's just how geeky we are). So the break won't be all rest. But, that's okay, any break at all is welcome right about now.

See you in a few days, I'm sure I'll have to stop reading at some point!

3 comments:

Minneapolismama said...

Yay! You've finished the hardest semester, I think! Way to go!

(By the way, we're going to a warmer clime from now til the new year, but after that, if you want to come for a visit, we'd LOVE to see you!)

Happy winter break!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so proud of you Sissy for where you are today.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time off. Don't let Peter take your books away like you Mom used to!