21 August 2007

So it begins!

I survived the first day!

Actually, it was better than that. I think for the first time in a very long time, my first day anxiety was actually constructive, instead of destructive. I got to classes on time and I didn't even feel like too much of a fraud teaching. Maybe I have a future in this career! Tomorrow will be the second time, so we'll see whether this trend continues (I know that one data point doesn't quite equal a trend... but you know what I mean here.)

I feel like a little kid, getting ready to go to school each morning. I have my breakfast, pack a lunch, and Peter and Miles stand at the door and see me off. Today, just to make me feel even sillier, I rode a big, yellow school bus. Yes, you read that right. It seems that the transportation system in our town was a bit overwhelmed by the school year starting (they actually have a summer and a school year bus schedule, that's how much of an influence all the students have on this town). So, they had to enlist the buses from the local school district. It was great fun to watch all these grownups file onto the bus and squeeze into the green bench seats. (and the people here are big! The young women TOWER over me, and the guys? I don't know what they feed them here in the Middle, must be MiracleGrow or something).

We'll see if tomorrow the yellow bus arrives, or if I get to ride the big girl bus!

No comments: