16 January 2007

We're Going Live

So this is a blog that Peter and Kimberly have started.

The main point of this blog is to inform our families and friends of what we're up to, since in a few months we'll be in the middle of the country, over a thousand miles from anyone we know; we'll be like fish out of water in the middle, since there's no water in Iowa. Until then, we'll post boring anecdotes about us and our cat here in Portland; mostly, we'll be posting about our fish tank community, because really, we're boring. Eventually, the complementary multimedia will be complementary to the blog, by definition; right now, there isn't anything on those other sites.

I wouldn't expect to find anything funny, or life-altering, or even interesting on this blog if you don't know us, or even if you do. In fact, I'm still a little ambivalent when it comes to the internets and the weblogging. Although, I am a big fan of the Googles, mostly for the maps (that's a joke - a free shout out to the first person who can identify it).

The first public post is right below, down there, about the snow. We've been practice posting in private - if you want to read those posts, you can access them on the right through the archives.

We hope you don't hate it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't hate it, I like it. I'm glad you guys went live and that I can now cyberstalk you when you no longer live here.