alas, one of the fishes is no longer. Angelfish had been looking funny for a few days, but seemed to be better. I guess "better" was an illusion. This morning she was face down in the gravel, not moving or breathing. So sad.
She was a good angelfish . She laid lots of eggs and jealously guarded them, until she ate them. She liked to nip at the frog. She was very pretty, lots of orange and black and silver. She was the alpha-female of the tank.
I will miss watching her.
I wish things wouldn't die.
[Edit 4:34 p.m.: Not a good day for the fish tank community: our dear, super aggressive, "kill-all-the-other-pretty-fish" black fan tail guppy was found face first in the plants this afternoon. He was only with us a short time, but his killing of most of our other small fish will live on in our memories - PEter]
[Edit 12/13 12:10 p.m.: So the black fan tail was a guppy, not a tetra; and a he, not a she - PEter ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment